Dissecting Aerial 2023
Sat 14 - Sun 15 January 2023
two days of presentations, talks and practical sessions that investigate the body in motion, particularly whilst aerial. Dissecting Aerial 2023 will be live and in-person in Brighton AND live-streamed globally.
Showcasing practice, pedagogical and personal approaches to healthy and sustainable practice from aerial artists, researchers, body workers, medical and sports science practitioners from across the globe.
Gravity & Levity are excited to announce that Dissecting Aerial 2023 line up is released! Check out the presentation topics for this year...
· The theory of beats
· Dealing with fears and anxiety post-accident/injury
· Handstand training as a useful injury prevention tool for aerialists
· Somatic approaches to aerial practice
· Aerial circus and mental health
· Pilates for aerialists
· What is Physical Literacy and what part does it play in holistic coaching?
· Physical literacy as the engine for well being
· Safeguarding and welfare in the community & creating consent conversations
· Empowering neuro-divergent artists and practice
· Climate change and the aerial arts
· Inversion biomechanics.
Tickets are now on sale with early bird access through until Dec 19th.
We also have a limited number of subsidised places available for people that identify as underrepresented in the aerial sector available via application.
All the details >>> https://www.gravity-levity.net/dissecting-aerial-2023/
Photo credit Mark Morreau
Image description: Two female aerialists stand facing away from the camera, holding onto a green fabric cocoon as one of them prepares to climb.