We are pleased to announce that we now have the capacity to accept 2 more youth, ages 14-18 for
GIRLFLY in the Gardens 2021:
Land, Belonging, and Racial Justice
GIRLFLY brings together young women and GNC youth from July 6-30, 2021 to:
- Create and perform site specific dances at Quesada Gardens, in San Francisco’s Bayview District
- Earn $500!
- Work with professional dance artists, writers, and gardeners
- Learn about issues of girls’ empowerment, community building, land acknowledgements, and racial justice
- Research and carry out a Writing as Activism project, led by an ethnic studies professor from SF State
- Connect with young women/GNC youth across neighborhoods, schools, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity
If you have any friends, family, or peers you feel would be a wonderful addition to our program, please encourage them to send self-nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.