Now Accepting Applications for
GIRLFLY in the Gardens 2021:
Land, Belonging, and Racial Justice
GIRLFLY brings together young women and GNC youth from July 6-30, 2021 to:
- Create and perform site specific dances at Quesada Gardens, in San Francisco’s Bayview District
- Earn $500!
- Work with professional dance artists, writers, and gardeners
- Learn about issues of girls’ empowerment, community building, land acknowledgements, and racial justice
- Research and carry out a Writing as Activism project, led by an ethnic studies professor from SF State
- Connect with young women/GNC youth across neighborhoods, schools, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity
GIRLFLY is for young women and GNC youth ages 14-19 who are strongly interested in performing, making positive change in the world, and who can commit to attending the entire 4 weeks of the program. African American, Arab, Latinx, Native, Asian and Pacific Islander, low-income, and QBIPOC identified girls/GNC youth are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021