Meanwhile our partners are up to all kinds of interesting things. Prepare to get enough calendar inspiration to last you through till Christmas!
Interazioni, 30 September – 8 October, a festival of performances, concerts, films, workshops and more, around Rome. Anglo-Italian musician, poet and actor Beercock is among a stellar line up.
UK artist Kaleider is making an appearance in Milan at BASE Milano’s Farout Festival with the installation The Time it Takes. Next stop is Teatro Sardegna with 2 works: Robot Selfie and the international hit showgame The Money: one table, a plate full of money, and 60 minutes to decide how to share it – things look interesting in the image above!
Workshops and Events
Artlab provides opportunity for dialogue between stakeholders from the creative and cultural worlds alongside other sectors. Following the lab in Bergamo, the next stop is Bari/Matera (December 1–3, 2022). Workshops will look at the role of cultural and creative industries (CCIs) in Italy’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP).
Love arty lobsters? Have no idea what they are? Well, either way you’re in for a treat! Scottish artist Philip Colbert, who has created a global following for his hyper pop Lobster persona and is often referred to as “the godson of Andy Warhol” will unveil 12 new sculptures in Via Veneto in Rome on 6 October. The exhibition will last for 3 months and is free to the public. Learn more about his work here.
La Biennale di Venezia (ending 27 November): of course we have to mention Venice one last time where this year Sonia Boyce OBE RA won the prestigious Golden Lion award for her exhibition Feeling Her Way at the British Pavilion. Over 190,000 visitors have visited so far! We’re very proud of Sonia but also the other 5 UK artists we supported in bringing their work to Venice:
- Sonia Boyce has a solo exhibition in London at Simon Lee gallery 12 October – 19 November.
- P Staff will be in Vienna when he participates in Filmlounge. The event is takes place in Zentagasse on 1 October.
- Ibrahim El-Salahi has a solo show, Pain Relief, until 30 October at Vigo Gallery, London
- Marguerite Humeau has an upcoming group show in Paris, running October – December.
- Marianna Simnett is currently participating in a group exhibition Espressioni con Frazioni at Castello di Rivoli in Turin. It closes on 27 November and you can take a virtual tour here.
- Emma Talbot will show at Collezione Maramotti in Reggio Emilia, Italy as part of her Max Mara Art Prize for Women commission.